Visitors

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Crown Princess - Day at Sea (5)

I tried a few new places today, although I started with my normal Destination Lecture for Barcelona and Enrichment Lectures for Captain Cook and Maxtone-Graham's “Princes”.   Found some time to sit outside on the Promenade Deck and enjoy the ocean.

Lunch today was a British Pub lunch in the Wheelhouse Lounge.  We had Scottish Eggs (eggs encased in a sausage mixture) and a salad, plus Shrimp and Fries.


Today is my sister's birthday so Mom and I went to Afternoon Tea in the Da Vinci dining room.  We had some tea (they didn't name the type…pout), scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam, sandwiches, cookies and pastries.  Cheers and a Happy Birthday shout out to G!!

After a brief dinner at the buffet, Mom and AuntE went to the Captain's cocktail hour (for Elite passengers!) and I headed to the “Movie Under the Stars” to see Mission Impossible and to catch the 9PM sunset.



There was a rainbow on the eastern side.

It was very comfortable to sit in the chairs with a cozy blanket and watch the movie. I waited until the sky began to turn colors and then took a boatload (ha ha) of photos.
After the movie I went to the Explorer Lounge to attempt to find Mom as she likes that band.  Found K instead, no Mom, and stayed for the 70s Disco music.  The bank took a break and we played Movie trivia. Our team had 20 of 25 answers correct, but it just wasn't enough to beat the 23/25 of the winners. Fun to meet new people and play.
Walked down to the International Cafe for a small dessert then called it a night.

4 comments:

Ginan said...

Good to read a post from you! I've been checking it daily, but though I'd need to wait until you got in to a port to see a post from you.

Thanks for the b'day shout out!

Ladee said...

I've been sending text messages daily. Will be able to chat more at next stop!

Ginan said...

I've been answering your texts daily - are you not getting them? Kalen texted me this morning to check on me and I gave him the same status to pass on to you.

Kalen said...

She is not getting your texts. Wonder why? Mine are going through.