Visitors

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Giza, Egypt - Mycerinus Pyramid

5/16/2012 There was plenty of action at the Mycerinus Pyramid.  It is one of the three pyramids that remain in the area of the Sphinx in Giza.


Always present...camels, donkey carts, and souvenir peddlers.
We got closer to the tempting one with the open side.  Wonder what it would take to dash over there, climb up and in?  (In the heat?? Are you crazy?)
My zoom lens is as close as I got to this opening.
I turned my back to the Mycerinus Pyramid and could see the center pyramid, with the top cap still on it.
Looking down at Giza and Cairo.

There were plenty of souvenirs to purchase.

Looking back, one more time.  You can see my aunt with her head scarf on, looking at the magnets.
Camels ready for a ride, close to the tour buses.

1 comment:

Ginan said...

Thanks for the shot of the trinket tables. I wondered how they did it out in the desert near these pyramids.