Visitors

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Egypt - What I didn't see along the Cairo-Alex-Desert-Road

5/15/2012 I think that it is important to note that there seems to be development and growth happening in the Cairo area.  Our trip didn't take us through the housing developments, so I won't be able to present the side of the story that talks about this segment of the population.  I wanted to post some of the photos that I've found of the areas outside of the city, as my inner city photos present a much different picture.

New apartments.
 Housing around green landscaped common areas.

The bottom portion of this building is finished. You can see the concrete and red brick unfinished portion in the upper left corner.
A nice park area.


These photos are found online in the area with the yellow roads on the map below. The bus traveled along the road marked by the red arrows.


Also, I found this great photo of the bird domes.  This was taken by "Klaudios".  Click here to see other photos by this photographer.  I think that this is a beautiful photo that shows how pretty these structures are.

More on Egyptian Pigeon houses
More on dovecotes and the use of pigeons and doves for food.

I've posted this information so that you understand that all that I plan to show in the upcoming post of inner city Cairo are not indicative of Cairo as a whole.  It is merely indicative of the inner city life in a large and highly populated city.

2 comments:

Ginan said...

I appreciate seeing both sides - thank you for taking the time to do this.

Anonymous said...

Hi, is it possible to post one of your photos in my personal non-profit blog?