Visitors

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Rome, Italy - Return to Civitavecchia

5/12/2012 It was time to leave Rome and return to the ship docked at Civitavecchia.  We had a wonderful tour of a grand city and saw many new and old sights.  
As the bus made its way west to the coast, this is some of what I saw.  
Billboards

 Grafitti
 Workers

 Rolling countryside
 Farmland



 Villages next to the coastline


 Apartment buildings
 Electrical power lines across vast fields.

 An old building
 Rolling hills. Wait, is that another aquaduct?
 Quaint farms.  I think that the white area is sheep.
It was a great tour of Rome. Never enough time to see everything but we certainly saw a lot.  I hope that you enjoyed Rome, the photographs and the narrative.  I learned a lot about what I saw by researching and writing the blog.  I truly appreciate my time there much more since I've researched and written for you.  We will now return to the ship and set sail for Alexandria, Egypt.  The passage will take two days and it will be nice to relax and enjoy all that the Crown Princess has to offer.  I am looking forward to Egypt and the pyramids.  Who knows what the tour gods have in store for us on the next stop!

1 comment:

Ginan said...

I learned a great deal from your Rome postings. It made me wonder if I had really been there or not - there were so many things I didn't see!