Visitors

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Aix-en-Provence, France - Cours Mirabeau Shopping

Cours Mirabeau is lined with shops with linens and clothes.  We decided that we didn't have time to comparison shop in all of the booths, so we looked at the one on the end with linens.  There were table cloths, runners, place-mats and more.  The quilting was delightful and the prices were reasonable.  BUT after a discussion with the salesperson, we learned that everything was made in China.  "Why made in China?", was the next question.  "Why not made here in France?" asked J.  The answer? The handmade articles are available, and they are more expensive. These are cheaper, affordable, and the tourists will buy these things.  Makes sense, and is the same response as we have in the USA.


I liked the table runners.
And I like the sheer curtains with the quilted tops.  But, it was early in the trip and I needed to consider packing space.  I bought 3 bags of lavender in nice bags.  My souvenir from Aix.
Time ran out quickly and we needed to make our way to the bus.  Au revoir, Aix shopping!
I couldn't resist and had to take a photo of the advertisement for Johnny Depp's new movie, Dark Shadows.  I also like the bright colors of the shop La Fringale.
We made our way around the large traffic circle, searched for our guide Juan with his large sign with our #22 Group Number.  He was supposed to be in front of the Paul Cézanne statue, but the spot was taken by another tour group.  We saw the #22 sign above the heads of the tourist, found Juan and our bus, and departed Aix to return to Marseille.

PS.  I didn't take a photo of the Lavender bags while on the trip.  I gave one to my mother on board ship as a Mother's Day gift.  Here is the one that hangs in my guest bathroom.

1 comment:

Ginan said...

cute lavender bag!!