Visitors

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Istanbul - Unimaginably colorful Grand Bazaar

We asked about a spice shop and one of the shop owners walked us down a street and left on another so that we could buy some spices.  Good job asking, Mom!!  (I will show you what I bought at the end of the post.) On the way back, we walked through an area with colorful plates and decorations.  There was too much to look and I couldn't pick one that I "needed" at home!  Something red will work.



Big plates, little plates, and a whirling dervish.

This is so cute. There is a blue camel and a whirling dervish.  I really like the blue camel.

Teapots, pretty bottles, bowls.

And the close up shows yet another whirling dervish.  Ohhhhh, I didn't notice the red bottle.  Had I seen it there I would have brought it home AND a green one for sis.
 Some nice large blue plates for my son.

Some really cute cats for Emma!  And yet another whirling dervish, this time dressed in blue.  Take a close look at the decoration pattern.  It reminds me of the awarding winning family Easter Egg design.  Dots and swirls!

These would look very festive outside.  My back yard would look like a new restaurant was opening in the neighborhood.

I like the red glasses and pitcher in the front. Oh, look behind.  Maybe I should bring home a hookah!  Add the red hookah to my new hanging lamps and I would truly have a festive party.
 Some local hats and some baseball caps.  Yes, they had red baseball caps but I will have to pass on that.
  A lot of choices with the locally made rug placemats, table runners, and all sizes.  Do you think that they are putting the red ones on top so that I'll buy them?

Sadly, our tour time was over and we had seen only a little of the entire bazaar.  We needed to find our way back to the bus. (Remember...THE PLAN).  This bazaar is on my list to come again. Next time, I will come prepared to buy more!

PS:
This is what I bought.  This is a selection of spices and a mill.  This will hold me off until I can get to the Spice Bazaar.

 I also bought a bag of Turkish Saffron.  Now I need to figure out what to make with it.

No comments: