Visitors

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Payson, Arizona - Ox Bow Saloon on Historic Main Street

The Ox Bow Saloon is on the National Register of Historical Places so I thought that I would drive down "historic Main Street" and photograph the saloon.  I was out very early so that I could photograph the buildings without a lot of traffic.  You can see from the long shadows that this was just after sunrise.

This is the "Historical Journigan House" is now a fine food restaurant, a full bar, and an outside patio with a grill.  I took this photo so that I could remember to come here for dinner.

 This is the nearby parking lot. If you look closely, you can see various horses painted on the wall.
 The entrance to the street from Route 87 (the main highway that bisects the town).
 This is my destination, The Ox Bow Hotel and Saloon.
 Fun look to the western style front.

 Special parking.


No comments: