Visitors

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Istanbul - Old Town

5/19/2012 - This is one of the very few photos that I have of an area that is a little run down...and it only adds to the different things to see in Old Town.



This is the area of this post. It is the old section of Istanbul.
The building is run down, but I think that it is there to add to the history. The grounds and the buildings in the area were very tidy.

 The ladies were very colorful.
 The flowering intersections were so pretty.  Notice how clean the streets are.
 My favorite site!!  I love the fruit and vegetable stands.
 Streets, houses, road signs.
 I know that this should be some help, but the sign doesn't help me at all.  Well, I guess that i do recognize "Topkapi" and "Sultanahmet".
 Pretty little cafes and outdoor seating. What?  Is that man sleeping or very sad?
 Taxis waiting to take visitors to all of the good local sites.
 Very pretty area.
 I don't know what this is, but someone is busy keeping it tidy.
 Soda for the holiday!
 We drove around the outside of the "Arasta Bazaar" so you will see several photos.
 Two locals enjoying lunch time.
 A street scene.  I understand these signs. I guess we are all good at the graphic ones.  Good thing!
 Another view of the bazaar area.
 A gift shop that has everything!  Rats, we couldn't stop.

I like these bags.
 Ohhh, lamps.

 I like the hanging ones too.  Looks like you buy some matching ones and hang them at different levels. Pretty.  I could do this in my back yard.
 I like all of the colors.

Keeping us safe!

This was a fun area.  I see why they didn't let us off of the bus.  I could have wandered through this area for quite a while.

No comments: