Visitors

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Giza - Sphinx and Chefren Pyramid

5/16/2012 Chefren Pyramid with the Sphinx in front of it.  A few steps to the right...click a photo...a few steps further...click a photo. It was an amazing feeling to be staring at this sight.




I kept moving around, trying to take "my favorite photo" so that I can enlarge and hang in the house.
This is the walkway that lead to the closer views.

Unbelievable.  It's real (and looked just like the photos!)

There were many vendors and souvenir sellers.  Good prices. Be ready to buy, and be overwhelmed.  They are aggressive but I never felt in danger.


1 comment:

Ginan said...

Have to admit that when I see the Sphinx that I think of the scene in "When Harry Met Sally" and they're at the Metropolitan Museum of Art looking at the Temple of Dendur and Harry tells her that he thinks hieroglyphs is really a comic series about a character named "Spynixy"...