Visitors

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Rome, Italy - A Quick Overview


We docked at Civitavecchio and hopped on the bus to visit Rome while the ship was in “cleaning mode”. Rome was so crowded! I was glad to be with a group. Lines were everywhere and I am so glad that we were here a few Novembers ago, in cooler weather with no crowds.  But I was able to see the Coliseum from a different angle, saw the Baths (this is a must see for a later trip), and a nice vantage point of a bridge.  We were left to shop at a delightful gift shop close to the Vatican and I found a red wine set that I really like.  I’ll need to come back to get it.  Nice streets scenes and a great view of the port as we returned.












1 comment:

Ginan said...

Interesting how your visit was different from your last visit where you were spending more time there. Good pics!