Visitors

Friday, May 11, 2012

Florence, Italy - Piazzale degli Uffizi

The Piazzale degli Uffizi is a long connecting courtyard between the main corriders of the Uffizi Museum.  It looks out at the Arno River.  Our tour visited the Uffizi Museum but weren't allowed to take photographs. If was very warm inside and a bit crowded.  I was able to see "The Birth of Venus" by Sandro Botticelli, and "The Annunciation" by Leonardo da Vinci.  Spectacular.


The group left the statues under Loggia dei Lanzi and Piazza della Signoria and walked to Piazzale degli Uffizi. The path was the walkway between #3 and #4 on the map.
We left the museum and returned to the courtyard to enjoy the street scene.  This is NOT a statue, but a mime.
The artists in the courtyard had posted papers indicating that they were legit.  Here is some of the works:







Quite a variety of art.  Not knowing what I could carry and how much room I would have when I returned, I had to pass on a purchase.

No comments: