Discovering the world both near and far. Making friends along the way. Come along with me and share your comments.
Dalian, China - City Tour
We had a full day in Dalian.
The original agenda included a stop at the kindergarten for a school
performance, but because we were in town on a weekend, the stop was switched to
a local retirement community center. I was pleasantly surprised with the show
that the center presented for us. Everyone was happy to take photos. We also stopped at a large public
gathering plaza. The big activity here was kite flying. We then went to a huge Farmer’s Market and as
a grand finale visited the home of a local.
She graciously provided tea and snacks, and answered questions about her
life (through an interpreter). I enjoyed the day and have a lot of photos to
show of the street scenes and more details of the stops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Name on the Bracelet: A Small Piece of Metal and a Six-Year Story of Captivity
The Name on the Bracelet: A Small Piece of Metal and a Six-Year Story of Captivity I have had this bracelet for decades. It is simple: a...
-
I just took the photos, many many photos, so that I would have them to look at when I returned home and could research this building. The P...
-
The Ox Bow Saloon is on the National Register of Historical Places so I thought that I would drive down "historic Main Street" and...
-
After check in, I decided to take a photo walk on my street Na Porici to become familiar with the area. This seems to be a good transportat...




1 comment:
I'll be interested to hear about her life. Glad you're getting to interact with local people.
Post a Comment