Visitors

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Alicante, Spain - Port Departure

Time to leave Alicante!  It has been a delightful time discovering the city and neighboring Elche.  The day goes so quickly and we saw so much.

We departed the tour bus and entered the Port Authority.

 I love to go to the top deck as we are departing a port to see the city as we leave. This gives me a chance to put my tours in perspective.  I see the city as we pull in to port, but there is no frame of reference to know what I am seeing.  This is the port, the area with the smaller boats, and the highrise buildings of the central city.  High on the hill sits Castillo de Santa Barbara.

This is a view of the deck as we head out to sea.

The departure from our dock stirs up the silt at the bottom.

The mountains rise majestically behind the city.

Several other ships have dropped anchor away from the dock. This one looks like it is waiting for cargo.

I took out the zoom lens and got a nice hillside perspective of Castillo de Santa Barbara.

Farewell, Alicante!!

No comments: