High on a hill overlooking Alicante sits the Castillo de Santa Barbara. This was a great location to view the city, beaches, and the sea. Obviously a great place to perch to defend the city also.
The road was narrow and the buses seemed to be very big. The drivers are skilled negotiating the hairpin turns and passing each other.
We pass the fortress walls as we try to work our way closer to the entrance.
Too many buses in the top parking lot so our bus parks and we have to get out and walk the rest of the way up the hill.
The views are fantastic as I turn and look back towards the city.
This shows how tight the turns are on the road.
A block guard shack stands empty.
The sheer walls have held up very well. Little plants have found a home in the walls.
I'm excited as I climb higher and catch a glimpse of the Sea.
I round what I think is the last bend, and find that there is just a bit more to go.
Another street cover for Nick.
This is the entranceway to the main plaza. Looks like a fun Pirates exhibit is coming soon.
The door at the entranceway was built to last.
The courtyard had some local artwork. I'm trying to identify the artist, so please leave any information in the comments if you know about this work.
A W.C. sign...just in time.
A very nice patio with shaded picnic tables. Perfect.
As I look over the wall to the south, I see the Crown Princess docked. This ship would not be able to sneak up on the city!
To the north is more of the city and the beaches.
Below is a nice white beach with hotels and condos.
I needed a little snack refreshment and a break.
Discovering the world both near and far. Making friends along the way. Come along with me and share your comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Name on the Bracelet: A Small Piece of Metal and a Six-Year Story of Captivity
The Name on the Bracelet: A Small Piece of Metal and a Six-Year Story of Captivity I have had this bracelet for decades. It is simple: a...
-
I just took the photos, many many photos, so that I would have them to look at when I returned home and could research this building. The P...
-
The Ox Bow Saloon is on the National Register of Historical Places so I thought that I would drive down "historic Main Street" and...
-
After check in, I decided to take a photo walk on my street Na Porici to become familiar with the area. This seems to be a good transportat...
1 comment:
It looks like a nice place to take a few days and just hang out at.
Post a Comment