Visitors

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Crown Princess - Last Day at Sea (8)

Well, today is our last day at Sea. I awoke early to go to the gym and exercise. They have very nice facilities and I walked on the treadmill as I looked out the floor to ceiling windows and watched the sun rise over the Atlantic Ocean. I spotted another ship on the horizon. Rats! I didn't have my telescope to see if it was another cruise ship.
Went to breakfast and chatted with some folks from Puerto Rico. The staff was from Serbia and Ukraine. I am finding it amazing as to how one's opinion can change about a country once you meet the citizens. I met one woman from Lvov with a cousin married a Kalmuk. We may be related!!!
I was making my way across the ship to get a shower when all of the power went off. Yikes! are we in for a day of drama or a quick fix? Luckily I was in a place where I had daylight (the cabin is an interior and very dark when there are no lights). After a couple of stand up comedians entertained the crowd with “ship adrift” jokes, the power eventually came on and we were on our way with only a half hour delay.
Oh, and I saw a whale water spray. No whale sighting, but this is as close as I have come so far.
Dinner was at the Michelangelo again. I had lamb with mint jelly. [Photos later]
The show was an international crew show. About five of the staff members sang, danced and played guitar. The grand finale was “What I would be doing if I wasn't working on a ship”. Funny skit with singing, costumes and some naughty lines. (“Naughty” – hanging around our British cousins too much!)
Back in the room at about 9:45 PM to prepare for tomorrow's touring. I turned on the TV and the first channel was the webcam. SUNSET!! Off I dashed, up two flights of stairs and out on the top deck to take photos.
Fun day…looking forward to land and the start of the tours. This part of the trip is now over. It has been a wonderful crossing, great weather and food. We are treated very very well. I would brag more if I had more access to the internet! Stay tuned! Hugs!

1 comment:

Ginan said...

I'm ready to see some land too. My sea legs are going to be wobbly when we get to Gibraltar.

I appreciate you making the effort to share your trip. It's always fun to check my computer and see an entry update. Good detail1