Visitors

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Meissen – Meissen Porcelain Factory

Beautiful porcelain dishes and works of art. Actually, the dishware is also a work of art as each one is hand painted.

I have videos from the factory demonstration that I will need to post later due to technical difficulties.
The photos are cool though, so this should hold you off until I can get the video functionality to work.

There were four stations for the demonstrations.  This
is the first step where the base colors are added.



Click on the picture and look at the plates
lines up against the wall. This shows the various
stages.  Also, the plate on the lower left shows the
guilding. It goes on black, then turns gold, and then
has to be polished.

This is the set that I (virtually) bought for myself.
I liked the red.

This is what I would have purchased for my sister.

Here are a few extra plates.

We decided that we would get a two sets of the tea/coffee
dishes. One for Coco and one for Joan.

This is for Nick.

These were on the discount table. If you zoom in you
may be able to see the pricing, and the reduced pricing.


The purple set is for K's granddaughter.

This is for K's daughter.

Another red backup set for me.

This is up for grabs.  Any takers?

I saw this masculine set and thought of my son.

The detail work is incredible.

A close up of the teeny tiny fruit.

Yea! A whole set for my son!

Ohhhh, saw this orange set and thought of my mother right away.

Nice gold highlights. Will go with my new rococo house!
(Just kidding)

Time for a snack break.

This was a fruit cake pie thing. This and a cup of
espresso revived me after my (virtual) shopping tour.

The cafe area was very modern.
KC saw this and thought that it would make a great gift as a
bottle of wine and an interesting (but strange) wine glass.


Men.....

This was in a glass cabinet.
Price? A couple thousand euros.

High priced funky tea pot.

Saw these pens and thought of my sister. Opened
the package and held one. I put it back because I
didn't like the feel of it. Sorry, sis!

1 comment:

Ginan said...

ohhhh I love to virtual shop these kinds of places! I love the set you virtually got for me - great choice!

I'm with you on the pen. If they don't have a "good hold", then put them down. Thanks for having me there with you!