Visitors

Monday, April 4, 2011

Paris - Marais District - Food and Fashion

A stroll through the Marais District is a must.  There is a lot to see, many many places to eat with a wide variety of choices. We also noted that there are many 24/7 food places, so this is the place to go when you are hungry at odd hours.

We selected Cafe Tranquille.  Just sounded nice.

We selected a table outside warmed by the sun.

Tina ordered this salad and had a lot to say about
how yummy it was. She will add her comments in the
comment section so check back in if she hasn't
responded.

I ordered an omelette mixte.  7 euro

It was filled with ham and cheese, was very tasty and filling.

We were people watching and became interested in the footwear.
There were a lot of boots.


We saw a lot of athletic shoes on people who were
speaking French.  Oh no!

I added an espresso and thought that the cupwas so cute.

I saw several people wearing these. They are pants and the
crotch is nearly all the way to the floor.

Tina and I decided to pass on this fashion statement and
keep with our fashionable look.

2 comments:

Ginan said...

The cafe was a great choice and the food looks incredible! I too like the cup.

As for the fashion, I too will pass on that!

I enjoyed the footwear survey. Brings the street scene to life.

Tina said...

I'm a goat cheese girl. And there's no lack of goat cheese in France so, now, I'm a happy girl. Sitting outside, enjoying lunch and people watching is quite fun. We have a very full agenda scheduled but there is always time to relax, catch our breath, have a treat and remember that this is a once-in-a-lifetime (for me) vacation. I like that a lot.