Visitors

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lerwick, Shetland Islands - Mavis Grind

Mavis Grind - the only place in the UK where you can throw a rock from the North Sea to the Atlantic Ocean.  This is a very narrow strip of land.

 When I came home to do additional research on the sights that were visited. I learned that I had totally missed the rock wall that is hidden behind this crowd.
 This is not my photo.  It is the best photo that I could find for the geological sampling rock wall.  Credit goes to the blog: alifetimeofislands.blogspot.com.  I am going to check with my aunt to see if she was able to get a photography of this wall.


Back to my photos.  The area is beautiful.  It is a narrow isthmus.  These photos are of the Atlantic Ocean to the west of the road.







 This is the view of the North sea to the east of the road.


No comments: