Visitors

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Akureyri, Iceland - Hveraröndor Hverir Hot Springs

At the foot of a volcanic mountain are several hot springs known for their changing variety.  The area was filled with mud pools and mud pots.  I occasionally included a person in the photo to give you an idea on the size of these pools.  Aunt E. commented that it reminded her of the smell of the chemical plant in Newell!  The path in this area isn't paved and is just some cleared area on the natural ground.

(Note to Jimmy C:  this is when I began to think that you would like to tour Iceland on a bike.  Wide open spaces and plenty of quickly changing interesting views.)


 Mudpots or mud pools or fumoroles boil with relentless energy.  The strong smell of sulphur was in the air.

Sulphurous mud springs called solfataras and steam springs called fumaroles were side by side.

 Look around the landscape.  Notice that nothing is growing here.


 Steam vents.


1 comment:

Sam Wong said...

Hi, I had just this article on my travel site, I hope you don't mind. This is a website that let bloggers or travelers to share some great articles or photos about travel, and indexed by attractions.

I know you love travel and write a lots of blog post about interesting places in the world, so I would like to invite you to be a member of our community and share your blog post, photos or review.

You can check the link below to find your articles on my site, if you don't want me to share your articles, please tell me, I will remove it as soon as possible.

http://www.travelersfootprint.com/en/attraction-detail/Hverir@Iceland

Hope you all the best =)

Sam