Akureyri is a town on the northern coast of Iceland and is the second largest urban area. It is nicknamed Capital of North Iceland. The harbor is ice free, which played an important role in the growth of the port and fishing industry. It has a relatively warm climate due to geographical conditions. (paraphrasing wikipedia) I was surprised by the mild temperature as I thought that it would be colder. Fall was beginning to set in that the grasses and low plants were golden and orange.
My tour took me outside of the town limits, so there are just a few photos of the townscape as we began our journey.
Don't know what this is (yet). Bags of something.
Animals grazed in the fields (the little brown spots).
Fields cut and rolled for winter food.
Technology keeps everyone connected.
Streams ran through the fields, each one prettier than the next.
Lava and stone covered with colorful vegetation.
Discovering the world both near and far. Making friends along the way. Come along with me and share your comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Name on the Bracelet: A Small Piece of Metal and a Six-Year Story of Captivity
The Name on the Bracelet: A Small Piece of Metal and a Six-Year Story of Captivity I have had this bracelet for decades. It is simple: a...
-
I just took the photos, many many photos, so that I would have them to look at when I returned home and could research this building. The P...
-
The Ox Bow Saloon is on the National Register of Historical Places so I thought that I would drive down "historic Main Street" and...
-
After check in, I decided to take a photo walk on my street Na Porici to become familiar with the area. This seems to be a good transportat...
No comments:
Post a Comment