Godafoss Waterfall is located on the Skjálfandafljót River which runs through Bárðardalur and Kinn in Northeast Iceland, and is just off main ring road 1 by the farm Fosshóll. It is among Iceland’s larger waterfalls and also very beautiful. (Source: http://www.edgeofthearctic.is/places-to-see/godafoss-waterfall/)
Me: it was beautiful! It is a split waterfall. The area around the waterfalls is treacherous for walking and we had to be very careful. A lot of people, slippery paths, pointy sharp rocks...I'm outta here! I walked down the walkway along the other to get different photos. We were to meet further down this path at the visitor center.
Goðafoss is closely connected with one of the most important event in Icelandic history, the conversion to Christianity from heathendom or “the old custom” in the year 1000.
I walked across the span bridge.
Another stepped waterfall was below the main pair.
Beautiful area: rushing and falling water, brutal landscape, dramatic skies. And a woman in a red coat walking in the photo. Perfect!
Discovering the world both near and far. Making friends along the way. Come along with me and share your comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Paperless Office: Have We Lost Something Along the Way?
Finding the balance between digital efficiency and the way we actually think and work For years, businesses have been moving toward the ...
-
I just took the photos, many many photos, so that I would have them to look at when I returned home and could research this building. The P...
-
The Ox Bow Saloon is on the National Register of Historical Places so I thought that I would drive down "historic Main Street" and...
-
After check in, I decided to take a photo walk on my street Na Porici to become familiar with the area. This seems to be a good transportat...
No comments:
Post a Comment