Visitors

Sunday, July 8, 2007

With Kalen!

I exchanged my money and bought a round trip ticket for the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station. There was no “Tea Service” on board as they announced that there was luggage blocking the path. We would make our way to the other end of the train to get tea if we wanted. I passed. The ticket conductor checked my ticket and put his initial on it to indicate that it was used. We arrived at Victoria Station without event and I left with map in hand to find my way to the hotel, an easy walking distance from the station. The weather was great and I walked a few blocks to the Windermere Hotel.

Sophia, the receptionist, took me up a set of winding stairs, down some narrow halls, and up another set of winding stairs to find room 23. Kalen was already there and it was very exciting to finally see him! I needed to take a long overdue shower and it felt so good to finally be clean. I hand laundered a few things and hung them by the window to dry. We had a long conversation about his adventures and experiences in London. It was just so good to see and talk to him again in person. He has a light beard and looked in great health. We took off to get ½ price theatre tickets and to grab something to eat.

No comments: