Visitors

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Philly Noon – Time for Lunch

Kalen mentioned that the Philly airport had some interesting shops, so I decided to take a stroll down the terminal (did I mention that I was at the VERY end of the concourse?) to see what I could find. I saw several interesting restaurants and newsstands. I found a café with a French flair and decided to have a chocolate croissant (to take my mind off of the current situation and in anticipation of Paris) and some soup. Again, I told the girl that I had a coupon and asked her if this would be a problem. She said “No. You’ll just pay what ever is owed after we take the $5 off.” This was much better. I told her that she needed to go down to the McDonald’s and give them a lesson on how this deal works. I enjoyed my chocolate croissant first then wandered back to my home area. The soup was adequate and not too heavy with vegetables. I considered this a good meal to balance off the Mickey D’s, which didn’t sit very well with me.

The crowds had an ebb and flow to them. A plane full would come in, flood the food court, then get on the plane and go and it would be quiet again. Several of us sitting around the gate looked homeless. I checked the monitor to look for my flight and it’s not listed. I asked the gate agent and she gave me updated information. I told her that the monitors did not show the flight and she told me that that happens some times. She didn’t seem to care. It was probably after her shift.

No comments: