Visitors

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sidewalk Cafe and twinkling Eiffel Tower



Ok, I know that this is supposed to be the best, but I was not really comfortable sitting a few feet from the curb. I liked everything else about it: the friendly waiter (another one using English with me), the food (awesome), and the grand test of my patience (which was not so easy). We had returned home to take a nap, and then went to eat dinner and see the Eiffel Tower at night.


We did have French Onion soup, which was really good.

I did notice during the day that the prime seats may be back against the window, outside. We may have to try that at a later time.

The Eiffel Tower was awesome, again. We walked up to it and it was twinkling (on the hour for about ten or fifteen minutes.) It was really pretty. I'll post some photos later as they are on Kalen's camera. My fully charged battery was still in the room. (The photo was taken by Kalen.)

Also, as a side note. I always felt that the scarves were a fashion deal. Well, let me give you my opinion. The scarf worn has nothing to do with fashion. The sun can go behind a cloud and the wind can pick up ever so slightly and you get cold. My USAirways blanket is actually small for a blanket, but is sized just right for a scarf/shawl. I took it with me tonight and it was quite cozy. I do plan to get a scarf soon, though, as USAirways blue does not go with my outfit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your adventures and I am convinced now that I need to talk Tom into a Paris trip next summer for our big anniversary! I must say, I am jealous as I am sitting here in our 110 degree weather and as I work. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Ladee said...

Mary Ann,
The weather is really great. It rains off and on, but we can talk about how to be ready to handle that easily. A lightweight weather proof jacket with a hood will take care of it. I don't know if this is common weather, but it's been wonderful. It's cool enough so that we are really comfortable with a lot of walking, as that is the best way to see all that is Paris. It also keeps you in close proximity to the wonderful food. Start planning the trip with Tom and if he doesn't want to go, count me in!