Visitors

Friday, July 13, 2007

Centre Pompidou - Modern Art and today's street artists

The Pompidou is a huge building with the infrastructure on the outside. You can't miss it as it doesn't blend in with the local architecture.

Inside, it has modern art. The new stuff is on the 4th floor and it something that is, again, best described with a few pictures. I guess is you are a fan, this is a hot exhibit.

The 5th Floor has some of the names that I knew. Picasso had a lot on display. I also saw some of Mondrian, which I recognized because my sister had given some note cards to me as a gift.

Of course, I thought that my stuff at home would fit right in with this. I just need to super glue it together in a random pattern (or spray glue it as it sits on my desk today) and put the clutter to use.

Kalen feels that the Tate Modern in London is better. With that comment, we left the building to find a cafe to continue the intellectual modern art discussion. We found GREAT seats at the back of the outside section (I think that I've nailed the cafe thing now.) As we sipped and chatted, we were watching a portrait sketch artist (there were many) try to get some business. Here are a few of his best shots. He put on quite a show.
























































































No comments: