Visitors

Sunday, July 8, 2007

"The Complete Works of William Shakespeare"

“The Complete Works of William Shakespeare” was a comedy done by three actors. They condensed all of the works of Shakespeare into 90 minutes. We arrived just as the play had begun, and were instructed to stand with the “late comers”. We would be placed in the upper balcony when there was a break, and could move during intermission. The view was good although the seats were smaller (than our huge movie theatre seats). At intermission we bought an ice cream, and moved to our 6th row lower level seats. These were great for the second half as the audience was involved. The actors interacted well with the audience and it was a lot of fun. Good choice, Kalen! It was 9:30 when we came out of the theater and still light. We stopped by “Pret a Manger” to have a light dinner. This is a chain which has fresh made sandwiches and salads. Kalen told me that the left overs of the day were given to the needy. The streets of London were coming alive with the late night activities and the crowd was very colorful. We watched someone jumping on the front bumper of a stretch Hummer limo, and a motorcycle racing its engine to please the crowd. Time to go back to the hotel.

Some final notes: The police were very evident throughout the streets of London and I am still without luggage.

3 comments:

Aunt Elizabeth said...

Ladee, I see that you want to be like me and do the same thing as I do when I travel, like lose your luggage, long stays in the airport. You have to learn to travel with someone that will hold your plane when you come in late, wear the same size clothes as you do and that they have an extra nightgown for you, and make sure you carry your diddy bag with you. I guess I made it more exciting then what you call exciting. (like meeting a guy in a bar) by the way can you wear anything of Kalen's. Just think your whole vacation in one outfit. Stay clear of all birds. Just think this is just the start of your vacation and I wonder what else can happen. And I know it can happen I been there and done it. Love Aunt Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

What a start to your trip. I am gald to hear you are there and out and about. Hope you soon have cloths! Good luck and happy travels on the rest of your adventure. I will be keeping track!

Mary Ann

Ladee said...

Aunt Elizabeth,
I'm going to start taking all of my clothes with me as carry on. If it doesn't fit in the bag, it just doesn't go. If I can live out of a small backpack for ten days, I can certainly live well out of a carry on with a planned supply of clothes.