Visitors

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Jardin des Tuileries

We moved from the Louvre to the Tuileries Gardens. These were the gardens for those living in the Louvre. Very nice, but a little wild compared to the Gardens at Versailles. We are getting a little snooty now. The walk through the gardens was nice, and we decided that it was time to stop for a snack. We stopped at one of the cafes in the Garden. It had table service so I had yet another opportunity to speak. We ordered crepes (yummie) and hot drinks. The waiter, Thierry, was very nice and informative. He switched to English after my first few sentences in French also (another one wanting to practice). When he brought the bill, I asked him about the 15% added. He said that this was for the new President Sarcozy. I asked him what he thought about Sarcozy and he was happy. He also said that he runs through the Gardens every morning and so I put that on my list as one of my alternative things to do if I get a chance as I think that he is handsome. (I don't mean that we will jog through the park. I mean that we will sit by the side and watch him run past.)

Morning break completed, we decide to see what else was in the neighborhood. We found that Musee de l'Orangerie was near, so off we went.

1 comment:

picca titi jazz miles said...

Thank you so much for your article,i'm Thierry or Picca titi jazz miles on facebook...see you:))