Visitors

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Made it to Paris

The trip to Paris was smooth and uneventful.  The Swiss Air flights were nice (I took a picture in Zurich so that I could claim that as a "stop".  Hey, we were outside and I could feel the cold and smell the air...so it counts.)  Purchasing the RER Train ticket to Paris was smooth, finding the train easy (huge RER signs...how did we miss those before?) and I remembered to keep my ticket available to get out of the train section of our metro stop, Chatelet-Les Halles.  Remembered that we needed to head towards the Rambutau exit, and off we went.  When I got to the surface street, the street cleaners were working to clean the trash from the Sunday morning farmers market.  It all was very familiar and felt like coming 'home', which is quite an interesting feeling when you are in a foreign city.  The two weeks spent here last year must have made brain imprints!  We are chilling at the apartment and plan to go to dinner (at 8) at Tiberon. 

I saw the end of rue Montorguiel and it looks like it is decorated for Christmas. Yea!!  It is raining slightly, there is a little of snow on the ground by the airport but nothing here. Hopefully it will snow during the week so that we have a pretty dusting of snow to photograph.  Not sure of touring plans for the beginning of the week. The LeWeb Conference is Thursday and Friday.

Added note: We were hungry and decided to go to the restaurant that is next door to the apartment.
Etienne Marcel
34 Rue Etienne Marcel, Paris 2
We had a glass of wine Verre Bordeaux 6,00€ each.
I had a hamburger and fries (Loveburger - because the bun is shaped like a heart) 17
Karl had a club sandwich and fries for 15

1 comment:

Ginan said...

Good to hear that you made it to Paris so easily. I'm glad you have a few days off before the conference starts. I can't wait to have a nice long conversation about Rome once you've had a chance to absorb it and reflect.