Visitors

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Passau, Germany to Salzburg, Austria - Bus Window Scenes

**From the bus window**

We left the ship in Passau, Germany in the early morning and boarded a bus for a full day's trip to Salzburg, Austria and then to meet the ship again in Linz, Austria.  It was cold outside but there was no snow and I was a little surprised to see that some of the fields were still green and growing.  The towns in between were small communities.  The drive took almost two hours.  The map below shows our route as a purple line.  I was using a new (for me) app "Easy Trails" on my iPhone that tracks my location.  I can now give some of the details.  The drive was 73.7 miles and took 1 hour and 50 minutes.  We started at 986 feet altitude in Passau, maxed at 1,690 feet somewhere in the mountains, and ended in Salzburg at 1,347 feet.  The second chart shows the change in altitude as we drove.


 

And now on to some of the scenery from the bus window.

Farms were abundant.
Houses and fruit tree orchards in the back yard.  This is a bit larger than my four peach tree urban orchard!
 We crossed the "Inn River".
 Round about were a common way to handle the traffic when major roads crossed paths.
 Higher in the mountains with a view of a little town and a church steeple.
 A tree farm with trees in various stages of growth.

The journey continues to discover a new city for me, Salzburg.

No comments: