Visitors

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Dürnstein to Emmersdorf, Austria - Blue Danube, Mist and Sun Rays

On the bus...that is good news and bad news.  I am behind a glass window so you may see reflections.  But the good news is the view that I have.

The Danube is blue when the sky is blue and the color is reflected on the river.  As we drove from Dürnstein back to the ship docked at Emmersdorf/Melk, the skies changed from blue with clouds, to cloudy, to clouds with light rays peaking through.  At times there was mist on the hills.  It was beautiful. This is a sample of what I saw.











The tour ended with a treat at a local restaurant.  It was Christmas Eve and we all appreciated the staff and management who kept their doors open for us and provided a nice atmosphere and warm glühwein and local lebkuchen (gingerbread cookies).  This was a really nice day and I am returning to my home ship with a treat bag full of Melk Abbey Apricot liquor.  I have started a new personal tradition and returned with a large bottle to share with my fellow travelers at my dining table, and a few small bottles as treasures to take home with me.

No comments: