Visitors

Friday, December 22, 2017

Passau, Germany - Street Scenes as the Fog Rolls In

It was time to return to the ship.  The fog was dropping lower. I left it in the photos so that you could get the sense of what the day presented.

 The streets were damp, but not many puddles. There was snow in small piles, melting.
 Loved this carved door.

 The shop windows.

 An inviting cafe.

 The "yellow brick road", the path to the old town painted to make it easy to find your way.
 A riverside hotel and dining area, although I don't think that anyone was eating outside today.
 The tower of the Dom seen through the fog.
 The pedestrian walkway along the river is quite nice. It was a welcome sight to see my ship Amadeus Silver and her sister ship Amadeus Silver II waiting for me. Ok, not just for me, but I was feeling the need to sit in the Panorama Bar with a warm drink.  We stay docked in Passau tonight and I opted to take the bus tour to Salzburg in the morning.  It will be a long day, lots of walking and a new city for me to explore.

No comments: