Visitors

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Paris, France - Hotel selection is complete

The hotels have been selected. I couldn't get a spot at the hotel where Ginan, Kalen and I stayed in London in 2006 (Lime Tree) but they suggested the Windermere. I saved the link on the blog, so you can get an idea of what it is like. I'll have more info once I arrive.

The hotel in Paris was a little more difficult to find, because I didn't know the city. I've been studying maps, and of course there is my favorite resource, Rick Steves. The Internet and email made this a lot easier than it might have been. We are going to be in Paris for Bastille Day weekend, and as soon as I saw one photo of fire works behind the Eiffel Tower I knew that I wanted to be in that area. I found "Hotel de Londres Eiffel" and it looks like a great place. (The photo is from their website. I'll add my own when I can.) Some of the hotels don't have air conditioning, so I needed to be careful about that. I think that we will be happy with both choices.

So, I arrive in London on Friday morning, July 6. I'll check in and have the day to myself. The Tour de France is starting in London this year, and Friday is the day for the Opening Ceremonies. I'm going to try to get to Trafalgar Square for that event. Kalen will finish his internship with a dinner on Friday night, and then meet me at the hotel on Saturday. We'll spend the weekend in London and on Monday go to Paris. We stay in Paris until the following Sunday, and return to the Windermere for a few more days.

2 comments:

Raus said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip at a really special time of year. I didn't know you went over in '06. So you must know your way around.
Enjoy!!! We are motoring to Boston the 29th for the 4th of july. I will stay on for 2-3 weeks while Kathleen has to return July 8th to work. Have no idea how to blog or what it is all about.

Kalen said...

Both Hotel's look to be wonderful. I am going to go find the London location on Monday, and I will report back with anything that I found. The July 4th issue should be interesting here in London. Going to find an American establishment to celebrate! Don't think the British are ready to celebrate the loss of the most successful of their colonies!