Visitors

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Phoenix, AZ - 6/8 Oil Painting Class

Last week I had worked on the underpainting of this piece. I let it dry for a week and tonight my job was to put the gold accents and shading all around to give it depth in three dimensions. It was a lot of fun. I think I still need to let it dry and try again next week for the finishing touches and I can bring it home to hang on the wall.

I spoke with the teacher Edna tonight and told her that I had two more things that I needed to learn in this session. Number one is how to paint fabric folds to make them look 3-D and beautiful. Number two is skin tones. I have a really nice photo of a fair skinned young lady along with a girl with darker tones.

Someone had asked where I'm taking the classes. I am attending Phoenix Center for the Arts on 3rd Street south of McDowell Avenue. There are a lot of classes listed on their website. I really enjoyed it and plan to consider and take another eight week course.

The first one is pre-gold highlights, followed by a completed version and close-ups. 




here are some close-up so that you could see the details.








Ladee
Travel info and photographs: 
"Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the ladeetravels.blogspot.copages of a passport."
Fun stuff here: 

No comments: