Visitors

Monday, June 13, 2011

Giverny - The Magic of Monet's Garden

Monet's Garden : Through the Seasons at GivernyThe Magic of Monet's Garden: His Planting Plans and Color Harmonies
While looking through books on Amazon, I came across these two about Monet's garden.  The first one, Monet's Garden Through the Seasons at Giverny, is something that interests me.  I've taken photos in the Spring, Summer and Fall. I want to see how my impressions compare.  The cover of the second book "The Magic of Monet's Garden" reminded me of the one of the photos below.


These books encouraged me to take some time and look through the photos from 'the other camera'.  I wanted to share these from Monet's Garden in Giverny, France with you. The colors were beautiful. These were taken in April, 2011.  The ones which show water are from the pond area (remember...lily pond?). The others are from the backyard garden (much nicer than my back yard garden), and the house.














3 comments:

Ladee said...

Giverny is one of my favorite places in all seasons. It is worth an early morning rise to grab the early morning train.

Tina said...

The day I had been waiting for since we started planning this trip! Being a novice gardener, I couldn't imagine walking through the grand gardens that inspired so many of Monet's paintings. Even without the water lilies, it was a sight to behold and one that I will never forget!

Ladee said...

It was very exciting to watch Tina as she walked through the gardens. She could appreciate the thinking and planning that went in to color combinations and placement. I am sure that she had many new ideas and designs developing in her head about her own yard.