I was very impressed with this cathedral. Either the original painted walls remain, or a lot of time has been invested to recreate the wall and ceiling effects. Most churches cleaned the painting off of the wall. This is a great example of painted walls. I've added some close ups and details.
LINKS:
Click here for wikipedia of Olomouc
Discovering the world both near and far. Making friends along the way. Come along with me and share your comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Through Each Other’s Eyes: An Afternoon About Photography, Storytelling, and Finding Your Own Voice
Yesterday I attended Through Each Other’s Eyes: Behind the Lens at Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West. A photography friend D...
-
I just took the photos, many many photos, so that I would have them to look at when I returned home and could research this building. The P...
-
The Ox Bow Saloon is on the National Register of Historical Places so I thought that I would drive down "historic Main Street" and...
-
After check in, I decided to take a photo walk on my street Na Porici to become familiar with the area. This seems to be a good transportat...
3 comments:
Very beautiful and the paint is in great shape.
Hey Ladee!
I am around. Love your stuff. Saw Karl's blog,too. Jealousy of you two will get me nowhere.
Karl doesn't seem to have a comments area. I wondered if you wouldn't mind passing on a little tid-bit from me. There is a photo of writing on a wall (in Torgau, I think) that looked Russian. It is, and it says "2nd batallion kitchen". I took the same photo. Friend of mine,who is a Russian translator-interpretor ( although he was born in Scotland) helped.
Dorine Best, Ottawa
doesn't understand how to post. I'm on FB or dorinebest1@primus.ca
Post a Comment