Paris, France - Au Pied du Cochon

This was a visit to the birth place of French Onion Soup. Eating it is a must do for me and inspires me to perfect my own version. 

Shout out to the warmth and kindness of the French: a staff person brought me a chair so that I could sit while waiting. No reservations, I know better!!

The meal started with cassis and a pork spread on bread. I will think of the word later. Then the French Onion Soup and a Cobb Salad. Cute little sugar meringue pigs decorated the delivery of the bill - l'addition.  

Soon the table area filled up. A man and woman from Hong Kong sat at the next table and we had a conversation about what is happening and the concept of "One China".  I found it inspiring to have this type of discussion between citizens while the leaders of the countries are making big decisions. 






No comments:

Why Are There So Many British People in the Dordogne?

  Why Are There So Many British People in the Dordogne? What you have noticed around Château Marouatte is not incidental. The Dordogne has ...