Visitors

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Prague, Czech - Cafe Imperial

After a busy morning as a tourist, I needed a good lunch. I decided to try Cafe Imperial at the Art Deco Imperial Hotel.


I started with a half order of French Onion soup. It had a slightly different flavor in the broth that gave it more complexity.

I spotted Truffle Gnocchi and the wonderful taste of truffles never ceases to thrill my taste buds. The green oil is basil.

For my after lunch treat, I had a coffee drink with the local famous aperitif. It is a bitter so there is a little bit of cinnamon for balance. I am a fan of silver trays and tiny glasses of water. I also had a single scoop of vanilla ice cream. It took a few sips of the bitters to enjoy the taste. The ice cream was very good.

I had ordered a small mineral water and "still water".  Here is my bill (and my 1000 money). Andrea took my payment on a silver tray. My change was a 200 bill as well as 2x100s and change. I pocketed the coins and left a 100 bill as a tip.


Ladee

"There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign."
Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments: