Visitors

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Queen Creek, Arizona - Schnepf Farms

Today was Mother's Day and my favorite activity on this day is to go to Schnepf Farms and pick peaches.  Mother's Day normally coincides with the Peach Festival, so I like to go early and get in and out to quickly pick my fill.

We started our walk down the long rows of peach trees.  We were in the Florida Prince section and I wanted to see if the EarliGrande section was pickable.  No luck.  The Princes were sweet and juicy.

 There were a lot of peaches tucked up in the branches.  We needed to make sure that we picked some that were ripe now and some that would ripen in a week.

It was necessary to test them just to make sure that they were ripe!


This entrance and the nice row behind it with lanterns, is available for events.
Later that day I made "Fire and Ice" Salsa with some of my peaches.  Very tasty and a surprise to those who thought that it didn't sound appetizing.

No comments: