Visitors

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Crown Princess - Day at Sea (2)

Day 2 was a comfortably busy day. My face is slightly sunburned from my nap on the upper deck yesterday, so I planned to stay inside. The day started with a buffet breakfast and Mom and AuntE were quickly found. We must be on the same routine!
First stop was a Destination Lecture on Gibraltar. Small country, and I am looking forward to seeing both continents from the top of the rock. I'll never look at the insurance logo the same again.
Second stop was an Enrichment Lecture on Vasco Da Gama. I must have been asleep in World History class. May apologies to my BVA history teacher, but this was all new to me. I know that he likely taught it all. I zipped over to the International Cafe for a quiche and a small scoop chicken salad.
Third stop was an Enrichment Lecture by the star lecturer on the trip. John Maxtone-Graham discussed his research on specific survivors of the Titanic, the ship that sat 5 miles away, and the third ship that stopped its travels to come to the rescue. He's a good speaker, speaks without notes and it quite Britishly entertaining.
Off to the Michelangelo dining room for a wine tasting class. I found two very nice reds that I will be sure to get when I return. Off I go to Wines Plus!
Dinner was at Caribe Cafe, at the buffet. It was dress up night so the crowds were light at the buffet. We didn't feel like dressing and went casual. Our entertainment for the night was the “Motown Sound” show in the main Theater. The Princess Dancers and Singers performed a wide range of songs and I won the private “name that tune” contest 12–1!!!
I have built a list of all of the places on the ship so that I can go to all of them instead of getting myself in to a rut. We went to the Wheelhouse to listen to the jazz/easy dancing music quartet. As soon as I got in, I knew Mom would enjoy the music so I gave her a call and she came down. We stayed for about another hour, watched the dancers work the floor with Samba, Rumba and Tango. Two couples provided most of the entertainment. One looked like they had taken dance lessons and danced well together. The other couple looked like they had danced together for a long time, he could barely walk from his chair to the dance floor but once the music started it was obvious that they had spent some time on the dance floor. They did a Rumba, she would move her hips and he would work a little smile on his face. They were adorable.
Great day!!

1 comment:

Ginan said...

Thanks for sharing your day. I like how you've mapped the ship out to assure that you include a variety of experiences!