Visitors

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Metro to downtown

On an adventure to Hard Rock Cafe and last RoadRunner game.

This is the new Phoenix Metro light rail. I had to take a photo early because I was too anxious to get on board to get a blurry photo of the train. Parking was easy and the nearest free spot was only about two miles from my house. Easy walk to the train stop. Ticket purchase from a machine (you need debit or credit...I brought quarters!) was $1.25 one trip, or $2.50 all day. A bargain when compared to $10 parking charge in downtown. Got on a train with standing room only (good to see!!). No one checks the system. One experienced rider told me that they will come through randomly to check for tickets. Got off the train a block from the Hark Rock Cafe. I felt so METRO!!

The return trip was just as easy. There is a very close stop between the baseball stadium and the US Airways Arena. Easy on...easy off. I'm sold on this!

Oh, and I had the Hard Rock salad mentioned in an earlier post. Yummy!

1 comment:

Ginan said...

Good for you for taking the metro!

Public rail transportation rocks and I'm looking forward to being connected to downtown Dallas next year.

Ginan