Visitors

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Houston, Texas – Lufthansa Flight Bound for Frankfurt, Germany

I walked off the plane at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport and asked the first official person that I saw for the departure gate of the Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt.  She gave me the terminal number, said that it wasn’t a difficult walk, and pointed me in the right direction.

I went through security a second time with no problems.  I had about three hours until the flight boarded, so I walked the long corridors and tunnels to the new terminal.  There weren’t a lot of signs indicating places to eat lunch, so I asked a man who looked like he worked at the airport. He said that there was a restaurant that had just opened.

I ordered a salad and wings, complete with water.  It all came to about $27.00 Wow.


I noticed that there were a lot of women traveling alone.  

I stopped in the Ladies Room and the high tech sink fixtures matched the high tech airport.

When it was time to board, I made my way to the gate.  We were going to fly on an A380-880.  Two levels. Nice…  I made my way to my aisle seat 70C and settled in for the 9 hour and 50 minute flight to Frankfurt on board the quietest airplane that I have ever experienced.  I did not bring my Bose headset and did not need it.  Very nice plane. Great service from the Lufthansa crew.  I watched a few movies, slept, had good airline food.  I am very impressed with this airline.

We landed in Frankfurt at 8:40 AM. 

No comments: