Visitors

Friday, August 3, 2007

Start of my Giverny

Totally motivated by my trip to Giverny, I have decided that my bland and boring yard needs a little work. The grass is green in spots and struggling in the others. I did a deep soak to try to get it to be revived. I stopped at Baker's Nursery on 40th Street north of Thomas to check out the plants. I think that my first big area is the breezeway on the north side of the house. This area has constant shade. It is about 30 or 40 feet long. The dirt is in horrible condition as the dog Governor used to live in that area. The consultant told me that I will need to dig up about a foot deep and replace half of it with mulch. The first plants that go in will likely be climbing jasmine. It should make the area smell so wonderful, and I will be able to open the Arcadia doors and let the smell into the house.

So, here is the first step into Ladee's Giverny. I purchased four Vinca plants and one Basil and planted them in a container garden. This sits at the end of the wall dividing my property from my Good Neighbor Kelley's.

No comments: