Visitors

Monday, August 20, 2007

Coronado Cafe

This is a marvelous little cafe on Seventh Street in Phoenix. It's on the east side of the street between McDowell and Thomas Road. I was very surprised with it. I've driven past but never stopped in. Mike S. and I were discussing small restaurants and I told him about my blog, discovering these types of places in the Phoenix Metro area. This has been a secret of his for some time. I had a Caeser Salad, no chicken, with a slight taste of hot pepper in the dressing. It was very tasty, but I'm afraid that it was just a bit pricey at $9. Sandwiches were the same amount, and they looked to be a better value for the money. The service was very good and even though the restaurant was packed at lunch time during the day, the crowd seemed to move through there quickly and we didn't have to wait long for a seat. Robert, the owner, was bustling around making sure that everyone was happy. He said that the restaurant has been there for about nine years (where have I been??). A card was available that lists not only this place, but another one further south on 7th Street. Hmmmm.

Photo later.

No comments: