Visitors

Friday, January 17, 2014

Phoenix, Arizona - Downtown Bike Share

I noticed this bike stand as I drove to work. It is located on 5th Street just north of Van Buren Street next to the Arizona Center. I decided to walk over and see what was going on. I did a little research when I got to my desk. Phoenix is testing GRID bikes and the city's bike share vendor CycleHop LLC started the on-street test of the rentable green bikes. 
The racks are temporarily located in three places: here; second Avenue and Adams Street near Phoenix City Hall; and on Central Avenue near Taylor Mall by ASU's downtown campus. The beta test is for the communications and tracking systems. The system launch is expected in the spring.
For more info and online memberships go to gridbikes.com. Residents and visitors alike will have access to 1,000 bikes at 100 locations. Coming soon to Phoenix (500), Mesa (250) and Tempe (250). Rates appear to be $5 hourly, $30 monthly, and $79 annually. This includes 1 hour of ride time a day.

No comments: