Visitors

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

New Dancing Shoes!

I started ballroom dancing last week and had such fun. This calls for
a new pair of dancing shoes.

DanceInstructorMisha suggested that I come to the first class in comfortable shoes and not sandles so that I didn't need to worry about losing my shoes. So I wore black walking shoes. I pulled out my old tap shoes, but decided against taking them to the class since it is hard to walk on a hardwood floor with out making some (deliberate) noise.

We started the class with about 12-14 people. Some were couples, but the majority of the class came without a partner. And, believe it or not, there were more "spare" men than women. The students were all ages. We started with a waltz and my partner was experienced so it was fun. Look out Ginger Rogers. I concentrated on the fact that the man is supposed to lead (which goes against decades of habits) and we were able to spend a good part of the first hour actually dancing, and doing "twinkles". (You will need to google that term.) Then, with 1/2 hour left, Misha announced that we would switch to, are you ready for this???....the Tango! I could hardly contain my excitement. I know nothing of the tango except for some severe head swings, so everything was new. Fun, fun, fun.

I went home exhausted and very happy. I woke up the next morning with sore feet. But still very happy.

1 comment:

Ginan said...

I'm so glad you're doing this again and enjoying it so much!