Tokyo, Japan – Sensoji Temple Holy Smoke


I was drawn to this large pot with smoke slowly rising. I watched the people (through my lens so that you could watch too) and they would lean in to the smoke and “splash” it back on themselves.  I waited for the crowd to disburse, and peeked in to the cauldron to see the smoking incense.  I took a few quick smoke splashes for good measure, and left happy and washed in “Holy Smoke”.



 This shows the perfect paint job on the Temple. I will move these to another post later.  I just wanted to show you the fine workmanship.

 Now back to the Holy Smoke topic!







2 comments:

Ginan said...

Very interesting to see how this is a part of so many people's daily lives.

Ladee said...

Appears to be very much a part. People walk up and splash it on.

Why Are There So Many British People in the Dordogne?

  Why Are There So Many British People in the Dordogne? What you have noticed around Château Marouatte is not incidental. The Dordogne has ...