Visitors

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Louvre

We started the day on time and reached the Louvre at 9:05, right after they opened. NO LINE!!  It was awesome. We walked right in, right up to the ticket windows.  I had intended to spend about 2 hours but we got into what we were doing and we stayed about 5 hours.  And loved it all.  I've been there when it was crowded and the light crowds made this day incredibly easy.
Our first view of the pyramid.

Tina was speechless from the time that she walked in to
\the first courtyard.

I am always grateful to be able to see Mona Lisa again.

My fave painting.

The ebb and flow of the crowd allowed for a moment
to capture Venus without a crowd gathered.

We went into the restaurant. I thought we were going to
have a "snack", but then discovered that it was 1PM
and time for lunch.  Tina ordered Quiche Lorraine and salad.

I ordered a smoked salmon salad with avacado. It was very good.

Our fancy water carafe. I'm under strict orders from my
son to make sure and drink a lot of water.  Here is proof!

To my surprise, I discovered that the restaurant was "Angelina's"

Of course, we had to order that wonderful thick hot chocolate.

We finished this Louvre tour by walking through
the Napolean Apartments.

2 comments:

Ginan said...

Oh, I'm soooo envious that you were hanging out in the Louvre when it wasn't crowded!

Tina said...

Five hours in the Louvre was not enough. I'm just saying...