Visitors

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Matcha

I purchased a Matcha bowl, whisk and tea today from Teavana. I found it online at their store but decided to go to the Biltmore store to save shipping costs.

Matcha is the tea used in the Japanese tea ceremony.

The water is heated to 170-180 degrees, less than boiling. I put a little of the powdery green tea in the bowl and filled with water. Oops. Mistake 1 and 2. I think that you need to wet the powder first with cool water and then add the hot. A full bowl (mistake #2) doesn't allow enough room to whisk a foam. At the suggestion of G, poured out half and made two servings.

End result? Very tasty deep green tea. I'll repost back on the "mental clarity" claims? (Note: I changed the "repot" to "repost". Maybe I have mental clarity already once I read the posting.)

Have you tried this? Share your experiences online.

No comments: