Visitors

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Flagstaff, Arizona - Bisquits & gravy

Specialty of Mike and Rhonda's. We drove into Flagstaff and I wanted to stop at a little place that I remembered from the travel hockey days. We found "The Place", owned by Mike and Rhonda on the west side of the street, the main road into Flagstaff. It actually used to be called "Mike and Rhonda's" so this must be the new image. Well, it was pretty worn inside with the chair stuffing exposed, but the restaurant was packed. I wanted the breakfast that we used to get: Fried eggs, hash brown potatoes, and bisquits and gravy. When the waiter delivered the meal, it was the whitest meal that I had ever seen. I think that my recent fascination with colorful and vibrant foods has tainted my appreciation of the colorless foods. It tasted okay, but it was heavy...soooo heavy, and I couldn't eat all of it.

No comments: