Visitors

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rock Springs, Arizona - Pie Company

Down to about 80 pies after a busy weekend. Picked up an apple and a
peach.
On the return trip from Sedona to Phoenix, I stopped at Rock Springs to pick up pies. The parking lot was packed, as usual, at 10AM. The fridge was down to a few variety of pies, with a few of each left. The woman said that they had had a very busy Saturday so most of the pies were gone.
I was a little surprised at the parking lot as there were no motorcycles parked in front. But it looks like the threat of rain and snow kept the bikes warmly stowed in the garages.
Speaking about the road trips, I17 is going through some changes close to Phoenix. The rest of the highway was awesome. The surface is smooth and all of the construction is complete. I also checked on the Sunset Point Rest Stop. This was supposed to open again in January 2009, and it looks near completion. I would have loved to pull into the rest stop during this trip. The clouds were below the rim of the mesa, so that view was incredible. I took pictures while driving, so these are not as good as they could have been.

No comments: